I’ve been thinking a lot lately about things that make me who I am and things that make others who they are. There are many things I like and things I enjoy doing that are positive and great, but everyone has guilty pleasures that adds to who they are. I say guilty pleasures; because to others they may ask how do you like that or how do you waste your time on that? I have a lot of guilty pleasures, but in order for you to get to know me a little more personally, I will share my top ten.
1. Redbull Total Zero, this is my savior. There is not a day I do not have one of these in my hand. If it’s a good day, I have two. I have never been a black coffee person, I did the latte thing for a while and got really sick one time. That would be the last time I drank one of those. I also do not like tea, no matter how many different kinds I have tried I do not like it, which is really unfortunate. I have many friends and family who lecture me all the time on how bad energy drinks are for you, but like I said, it is my guilty pleasure.
2. Online Shopping, or just shopping in general. I’ve always been that person who’s loved shopping and wanted to go shopping. The Internet has made it possible to be able to shop all of the time (which I do), and for my bank account it’s not necessarily a good thing. Once again, it’s one of my guilty pleasures. I always fall for the coupons in my emails, and I always end up making purchases. It sounds terrible as well, but when you come home and have a package waiting for you it’s like a fun surprise that you forgot about! Below is a picture of a purchase I came home to one day after school last year!
3. Shoes, you could put this with shopping, but it’s on a whole other level. I have well over 100 pairs of shoes. I can’t go shopping without finding a pair I want, or purchasing a pair. You will almost always find me wearing heels they are my favorite. I love all types of shoes, but you can never go wrong with a great wedge. Vince Camuto is one of my favorite designers for shoes, so stylish and comfortable.
4. Target, I know this is shopping, but Target is in a category all on its own. Oh, you need to waste some time? Target it is. But the problem with Target is that you cannot go there without spending at least $100. I always find myself trying to challenge it, but I usually always fail.
5. Facebook, who doesn’t love Facebook? I find myself always checking Facebook, even if I just checked it. It’s terrible, I wake up and I check Facebook, before I fall asleep, I check Facebook. This is one of my guilty pleasures I would like to break, I need to not always check Facebook, and I need to enjoy what is going on around me now.
6. Reality TV, specifically any Real Housewives series. This is terrible, I know. But, I can’t help it! This is my reality TV guilty pleasure and I’ve wasted plenty of time watching every season.
7. Sour Patch Kids, they are my favorite candy. I don’t typically ever want chocolate, but I could eat a bag of Sour Patch Kids every day.
8. A good book, I love getting lost for days in a book, or finishing it in one day. There isn’t one certain type of book, but I’m always open for recommendations. I read anything from young adult literature to history books. I love learning about history. Books have a way to make it seem as if everything has stopped around you and you are living in that world, I love that.
9. TV series, I could spend all weekend curled up on the couch watching a show from start to finish. Some of my favorite shows include Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, True Blood, Downtown Abbey, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, and Homeland. Like I said, I will start a show and I have to watch the whole series.
10. Pinterest, it’s a terrible but yet the greatest thing that has been created. I love being creative, I love learning tips and tricks from others that I haven’t known about. I love finding new recipes, or fashion ideas from others. But, I also love that I am able to share my own ideas, crafts, and fashion.
Many have guilty pleasures of ice cream, sports, or taking naps, but these are ten of my guilty pleasures. What would you consider yours?